Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My first Loose Button Luxe Box has arrived! [UPDATED]

I subscribe to a lot of blogs (many nail polish ones, yeah I know), and I’d been reading about a lot of different goody boxes that people were receiving. Julep Maven, Birchbox, Glymm and Topbox were a few, but after reading some reviews (Let them have Polish!, Body and Soul, The PolishAholic and Swatch And Learn had things to say about some of these) I decided that Loose Button was the way to go for me. I finally submitted a three-month subscription the day after returning from my fabulous trip to Curaçao, and this morning my first Luxe Box arrived!

First: the box is not quite as large as I expected, but by no means is it actually small – I had just mis-judged from photos I’d seen. It was packed well and shipped quickly (I was emailed a tracking number for Canada Post so I could see the progress) and arrived intact.

It’s red! All the others I’ve seen were black – but this is a special ‘limited edition’ one, since they’re partnering with Flare Magazine for this one (as a special deal for registering when I did, I get a 3-month subscription, yay!).

So sliding open the box, this is what I have:
  • A greeting card with a message from ‘The Loose Button Team’ and another message from Lisa Tant, Editor-in-Chief of FLARE Magazine.
  • An option to receive a refund on the cost of the 3-month subscription, in case I don’t want it (I do though, so I won’t be taking advantage of that). That’s nice, usually if a place offers you a subscription to something, that’s it, no offer to get the money back instead.
  • A $25 off purchase of $75 or more offer for Dealuxe, an on-line shopping site. Not sure if I’ll take advantage of that, but it’s a pretty good offer in any case.
  • A folded card with a writeup about my four samples, which come wrapped in tissue with a ‘made for Heather’ sticker on it – they are:
    • Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex – Sample size is 7ml, full size of 15ml costs $60. This is thinner than a cream, I guess you’d call it a serum, in a little tube with a screw-top, There’s also a card inviting me to give feedback on this product, I’ll be getting a survey later. Not sure if this is a big deal for me, I may be in my 40s but I’ve never had a problem with looking old. Is this because I didn’t lie on my beauty profile?
    • Cargo Lash Activator mascara – Full size is 11ml for $35, this is smaller than full size but with no volume indication. I’ve never been a fan of mascara, it always felt like there were spiders on my face before, but I think maybe I just didn’t have the right kind, so lately I’ve been thinking about it and I was hoping for a mascara sample, I like that the brush is full sized. Can’t wait to try it!
    • DDF Advanced Firming Cream – Sample is 14g, the full size of 48g is $130, holy crap! Moisturizing cream in a little squeeze tube with a screw top. The instructions say to apply day and night to ‘face, neck and décolleté’ – that’s right, they said that. And again, this seems like a subtle ‘you’re older now dear’ kind of product to me. But maybe I’ll find that I love it, who knows?
    • Shu Uemura Essence Absolue – Full size of 150ml is $70, not sure what size this is – oil in a little glass vial with a push-top, similar in length to perfume samples but fatter – irritatingly, about 1/3 of it has leaked out, it’s all over the card it was attached to and on the crinkly paper underneath. I’ve put the vial in a little ziplock bag for now. But I can definitely use a new type of hair oil because mine has become so fly-away it’s insane. Just a shame it didn’t seal properly, I’ve sent them an email.

Anyway, won’t be able to try any of it out tonight as it’s dart night, yay! But once I have I’ll let you all know how it goes.

If you decide you would like to sign up for a Loose Button Luxe Box, please consider doing so by following this link (http://luxebox.loosebutton.com/friend-sign-up?referrer=ZmFjZjJhYjQ=) and then either shooting me an email or commenting on this post – I might earn a free box by having friends sign up!

Depending on how this goes, I might sign up for Topbox and Glymm – if I do, I’ll let you know about those as well...

-----------

UPDATE: Donnie from Luxe Box emailed me and is going to send me a replacement Shu Uemura vial with the next box, yay for customer service!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, you made me giggle with your "seems like a subtle ‘you’re older now dear’ kind of product to me" remark. ;)

    Interesting how we received different things other than the mascara. It's neat how they switch it up so it's a surprise for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I seem to get a lot of spam from anonymous messages - for that reason, I moderate comments. If it isn’t spam I approve comments pretty quickly.